Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy (Belated) Halloween!

Here's the kids on Halloween. We were in Ft. Collins for the holiday. Their cousin was baptized the next morning. The kids really enjoyed trick or treating with their cousins. The weather was so nice this year, no coats or jackets! Yippeee!


Morgan - The Great Sphinx of Giza




Gavin - Ninja




Reagan - Vampire




Austin - Skeleton

Camryn - Kitty

This year, we didn't carve pumpkins. However, we did unintentionally grow a nice, big pumpkin in our garden. Although it wasn't a baking pumpkin, I cooked it up and have made pumpkin muffins and a pumpkin pie with it. I think I got about 16 cups of pumpkin from it! When I questioned what I would do with it all, Sterling said to throw the rest out. He didn't want me to freeze it, but after going through all the cutting, baking, scraping, and mashing...well it was pumpkin GOLD to me. Plus, I still need to make pumpkin bars and pumpkin pancakes.

3 comments:

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Austin looks hilarious.

Kathleen said...

I LOVE pumpkin in the fall. I can't tell you how many loaves of pumpkin bread I made this season. You even got to have some of it. Don't listen to Sterling. He's a big pumpkin head! (Don't tell him I said that.)

Ashley Canady said...

Cute costumes!! I Especially love Austin's. I want Hayden to be that next year.